Hamilton beach maker complements the home decor of different standards. Though there are models of different shapes and features, there is a conventional way of cleaning a Hamilton beach waffle maker.
All you’re to do is watch out for basic features first. Every waffle maker made by Hamilton has a nonstick coating plate with grills, a base with a lid, a power cord, and a handle.
All these have specific cleaning and maintenance procedures. Indeed, that’s what we’ve got for you here. Even if you’ve read the manual, there are helpful tips that would be of immense aid to you here.
How to Clean Hamilton Beach Waffle Maker?
- You’ll need a brush, cleaning clothes, soapy water, and a water bowl. Get these available while you go to an excluded place with the waffle maker and the cleaning materials you’ve made available.
- Use a brush to remove the crumbs from the crevices. If you’ll be using a material aside from a brush with soft bristles, ensure it’s recommended for removing pieces of dirt from a nonstick-coated surface.
- Open the lid and let its hinges keep it erect. Use the brush to scrap off the clogged crumbs. Sweep the crumbs and heap them on one spot while the dirt on the lid falls into the one on the base.
- Invert the position of the entire unit to allow the crumbs to fall off. You might want to tilt it while you sweep the crumbs off to a basket.
- Immerse the brush inside the soapy water and get it dense and soaked. Gently use the bristles of the brush to clean the nonstick-coated plate. Start from the core base and straight to the edges and the top of the grills. Do the same to the lid to properly clean the waffle maker.
- You might haul some water inside the Hamilton beach waffle maker and squish the bubbles with the aid of the brush. This will prevent the nonstick from retaining oil and becoming slippery.
- You can spill out the water once you’re done with the preliminaries. Use the dry cloth to remove the dabs of water from the nonstick-coated plate. Use a damp clean cloth to remove stains from the outer part of the unit. Even when you’re done cleaning the unit’s encasement with a wet cloth, use another dry cloth to remove the wetness from it.
- If the model has a tray, you can immerse it in soapy water or a dishwashing sink and scrub the stains off with a sponge. Rinse it afterward and expose it to air to make it dry also. Leave the unit open, so air can circumvent the nonstick coatings and dry the surfaces.
- You can immerse the brush in clean soapy water to make the bristles dense. Use the brush or sponge to wash the outer part of the unit. Use a clean damp cloth to wipe off the dabs of water.
- Save the compartments sparingly. Ensure the unit’s compartments are dry before you save them. Ensure you keep it in a clean and less congested area to prolong the unit’s lifespan. Don’t save anything in the nonstick plate.
Can You Submerge a Waffle Maker in Water?
No, it’s not advisable you submerge your waffle maker in water. Why? It’s an electric unit. Water is a good conductor of electricity. It could disorient the smooth flow of current in the system, which could vitiate the unit itself. Instead, you can clean its interior using a dry brush and a slight amount of petrol. Petrol dies easily. However, an electrician would have to do this for you.
Can You Clean a Waffle Maker with Soap and Water?
Yes, but that should be outer part. It shouldn’t be immersed in water, but you can use a sponge or a brush to remove debris from its outer part. Soap and water can be used for the nonstick coated plate, also with a brush to remove the oily substances in the crevices. Soap will suspend the fat so that you can easily brush them off. You can use water to rinse the soap bubbles away for apt cleaning.
Can I Wash My Waffle Maker in the Sink?
Yea, but the dishwasher sink shouldn’t be filled with water while washing the waffle maker. Moreover, you’d still have to be sure if the unit is dishwasher safe. You can check the manual to confirm this. This will boost your confidence if you’re to clean the unit in the sink or not.
How Do You Get Burnt Sugar off a Waffle Iron?
Use a soft brush with hot water. You can spray some water on the nonstick-coated plate first and use a brush to scrub off the sugar crumbs from the grills of the waffle iron. You can use a clean cloth to wipe off dabs of water for apt visibility.